Apple Cider Syrup

We had this along with our pumpkin pancakes on Halloween morning. I made the syrup and mixed the dry ingredients (I left out chocolate chips this year) for the pancakes the night before making it pretty quick to put together in the morning. The syrup paired nicely with the pancakes and was definitley the highlight for me.

Apple Cider Syrup

1 1/2 c. apple cider
1 c. corn syrup
1 t. lemon juice
1/2 t. nutmeg
1 c. brown sugar
4 T. butter
1 t. cinnamon

Bring to a boil then turn down heat and simmer for 20+ minutes until thickened. Let stand for 30 minutes.

*I halved the recipe and it was plenty for us!

(I found this recipe in the comments section on the blog This Week for Dinner in a call for pumpkin recipes...it was suggested with another pumpkin pancake recipe)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sprinkles!!!!

Rice Krispie Nests

Peanunt Butter Cookies: Part II