Rice Krispie Nests

Here I am...the long lost blogger! I'm not making any promises to do better just yet. That said, I'm hoping I will get around to some baking and blogging real soon. Things have been a little busy in these parts and my cooking has really taken a hit, which is ok for now. Rachel and I have been trying to spend some time in the afternoons together doing some kind of project. Today we decided to make a little treat and this is what we came up with. I'm sure I've seen something similar before and they are really a pretty simple idea, but I sort of invented these little nests...and I thought they turned out pretty cute! They were just the right project for us, not too time consuming and little kid friendly.

Rice Krispie Nests

3 T. butter
4 c. miniature marshmallows
6 c. Rice Krispies cereal

melt butter over low heat, add marshmallows and stir frequently until completely melted. Pour over cereal and mix well. Place a small amount into lightly greased muffin tins and press down the center to form a "nest" using a large spoon or ice cream scoop. Top with coconut and your choice of candy eggs or jelly beans.

*to dye the coconut green...place about 1/2-3/4 c. coconut in a ziploc bag with a few drops of green food coloring and seal the bag. Mix the coconut thouroughly until the food coloring is evenly distributed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sprinkles!!!!

Peanunt Butter Cookies: Part II