Pumpkin Muffins




I decided to finish off the can of pumpkin I opened the other day to make my pumkin chocolate chip cookies...turns out I didn't have quite enough and had to open another can. So, the pumpkin baking will have to continue. I can't say I'm too upset about it! This is a recipe I got from my sister Mandy. I love these muffins because not only are they delicious, but they are also low fat...no oil or butter in the recipe...can't complain about that now can we?

Pumpkin Muffins

1 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. ginger
1/4 t. ground cloves
1/4 c. applesauce
1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1 c. quick oats (uncooked)
1 egg, beaten
1/3 c. milk
1 c. pumpkin
chocolate chips

Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and spices. Add applesauce, brown sugar, egg, and milk; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Blend in pumpkin and oats and stir in desired amount of chocolate chips. Spoon batter into greased muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees until done, 20-25 minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sprinkles!!!!

Rice Krispie Nests

Peanunt Butter Cookies: Part II