Rich Peanut Butter Chip Cookies


If I'm being honest, I have to say that peanut butter cookies have never been my favorite. Sure I'll eat them if they're the only option, but sit them beside a chocolate chip cookie and the latter will win every time. Well, that may change soon. Rachel picked out a peanut butter cookie with M&M's for me the other night. I found it to be quite delicious and intriguing. I was inspired to create something similar today so I turned to a little help from Betty Crocker and that's how these cookies came to be. I guess you could say if a peanut butter cookie married a chocolate chip cookie, this would be the result...it's definitely worth a try!

Rich Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

1 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/4 c. shortening
1/4 c. butter
1 large egg
1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 c. chocolate or peanut butter chips
granulated sugar

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Beat brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, butter and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with a spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir in peanut butter or chocolate chips. Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls, roll balls in granulated sugar and place about 3 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 9-10 minutes or until light brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.

*note...the original recipe states to use all butter. I used the butter/shortening combo and liked the soft cookie result. I also added 1-2 tablespoons of flour to thicken the batter a little and then used the bottom of a glass to flatten the cookies slightly when they had a few minutes left to bake...I prefer the looks of a flatter cookie :)

Comments

Liz R. said…
ok -you're cookies look perfect!
- Tracy said…
yum-o, that is all I can say.

Popular posts from this blog

Sprinkles!!!!

Rice Krispie Nests

Peanunt Butter Cookies: Part II